Crank Building - 1833
(Right of the Courthouse) Lucien Minor proposed in 1832 to build a lawyer’s office of brick on a twenty-foot square of public ground. It was approved and built the next year. The Crank Building was named in honor of W. Earle Crank. Mr. Crank practiced Law for 60 years, and was the Commonwealth’s Attorney for 40 years. He occupied the office that bears his name for 16 years.