Piedmont Virginia Digital History: The Land Between the Rivers
Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:





Advanced Search (Items only)

Goodwin/Hale House

IMG_1463.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

Goodwin/Hale House

Description

Purchased in 1891 by Weir Goodwin a Deputy Clerk of Court. The house stands on a site that some believe was once occupied by the Old Walton Tavern. This part of town around West Street was called “The Grove” for many years.

Geolocation