Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (23 total)

  • Collection: Town of Louisa Walking Tour

Boxley 1 - Omeka Ready.jpg
Built in 1860 by Edwin Lee Smith, a local dentist. The house was sold in 1913 to the Boxley family.
In 1918 architect D. Wiley Anderson remodeled the home for the Boxley family. The renovations included: the addition of a dining room, a kitchen,…

United Methodist Church - Omeka Ready.jpg
Built around 1852 for the Louisa Methodist Episcopal Church and the upper story for the Masonic Day Lodge #58. After the Battle of Trevilian Station the wounded were brought here. The furniture was moved to serve as a makeshift hospital.

In 1859, Cynthia and Susanna Jones owned this building. It was purchased and converted to a professional building by R. Jefferson Garnett.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2