National Park Service - Green Springs Historic Places Inventory
US Department of Interior NPS historians description of Green Springs Plantation. Owned in 1972 by Audette Kimball. Describes twin entranceways describe the 18th Century house and other architectural significant features. Owner at time of construction is identified as Colonel Richard Morris descendant of William Morris of Taylor's Creek, Hanover County Virginia. William Morris and his son Sylvanus Morris (died about 1745) acquired extensive holdings in Hanover (pre-Louisa). Most of Sylvanus holdings were in the Green Springs area which eventually were part of Louisa when it formed in 1742. Richard Morris was a planter and proprietor of a resort "at the Springs".
National Park Service
Contributor is Creator