Piedmont Virginia Digital History: The Land Between the Rivers
Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Mineral Methodist Church

Mineral Methodist.jpg

Dublin Core


Mineral Methodist Church


Churches in Mineral


FOUNDED: Current church built in 1906-1907

LOCATION: 3rd St., Mineral

INFORMATION: Originally members met in a small chapel on the Harris farm near Pendleton. Preachers were Circuit Riders from the Goochland Charge . After a fire destroyed the chapel, members met in a schoolhouse in Pendleton. Land for the church was given by the Mineral City Land Company.

In 1945, the Louisa Circuit was divided and Mineral, Macedonia and Mt. Pleasant Churches formed the Mineral Charge.

In 1956 the Annual Conference created the Louisa Larger Parish by associating the North Louisa, Louisa, and Mineral Charges. The Larger Parish was made up of the Louisa Church, Mineral and Mt. pleasant Churches, and Ebenezer, Forest Hill, Lasley, Macedonia, Mt. Horeb and Trevilians Churches.


Willliam Kiblinger


Louisa County Historical Society Archives, William Kiblinger Collection

Contribution Form

Online Submission