A 1935 photograph furnished to LCHS by two different donors. One note states:
"Valentine Mill located on Rte. 22 about 2 miles west of Trevilians. Photo taken in 1935 by Frances Benjamen Johnston, WPA photographer, furnished to Society by Ferol O.…
A letter outlining the several land transfers of the property containing Whitlock's Mill (operated 1886-1914), previously called Hancock's Mill (? - 1886). The mill ceased operation sometime between 1921 and 1934.
The original Shelton's Mill was completed around 1820, but was destroyed by fire in 1859. A second Shelton's Mill was built in the same location completed in 1863. It operated continuously until 1960. The mill building still stands when this was…
This mill was owned by various members of the Michie family prior to being deeded to John S. Buck in 1849. Ever since then the mill has been known as "Buck's Mill". On Harris Creek at old Price's Road, now 208.
John Tisdale and Frances, his wife deed Bernard's Mill and surrounding property to James Trevelian on January 9, 1804.
Names of certain creeks and a bridge are stated which may help with identification of the mill's location.