Search using this query type:



Search only these record types:

Item
File
Collection
Simple Page
Exhibit
Exhibit Page

Advanced Search (Items only)

Octagon Church

Dublin Core

Title

Octagon Church

Subject

Octagon Church

Description

Among the various sects seeking to follow more pure apostolic ways in Louisa County were the Christadelphians. Also know as Thomasites, this group originally built the curiously shaped Octagon Church in lower Louisa County in 1858. The structure was later open to all groups for worship and ended as a Methodists church.

Located on the Octagon Church Road. The building has long since disappeared and local residents recall all but three of its walls being collapsed by 1930.

Creator

From Mrs. Justina Willis

Source

Louisa County Historical Society Archives

Publisher

Dr. Jack C. Neale

Date

Before 1900

Contributor

Louisa County Historical Society

Identifier

054_2008_1167_1A

Contribution Form

Online Submission

No

Geolocation