Search using this query type:



Search only these record types:

Item
File
Collection
Simple Page
Exhibit
Exhibit Page

Advanced Search (Items only)

Immaculate Conception Catholic Church

Dublin Core

Title

Immaculate Conception Catholic Church

Description

IMMACULATE CONCEPTION CATHOLIC (formerly St. Mary’s Church)

FOUNDED: Church built in 1876; It is one of the 4 continuously operating Catholic churches in the Diocese of Richmond.

LOCATION: Rt. 618, Fredericks Hall Rd., Bumpass

INFORMATION: The church was built on land donated by Mr. and Mrs. Alexander Hay of Philadelphia, PA.

In 1974, Bishop Walter F. Sullivan merged Immaculate Conception Church with St. Jude’s Church and declared these two churches the first Catholic Parish in Louisa County.

Creator

Elaine Taylor

Identifier

054_2009_11_999

Contribution Form

Online Submission

No

Geolocation